GIS Technician II
Theorem Geo is currently seeking a full-time GIS Technician II that will provide GIS support to a large investor owned utility (IOU), with the work to be performed remotely during this Covid-19 and then ultimately in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position (if successful) could lead to tackling new, more challenging projects in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is targeting an experienced GIS Technician II that has the ability to process through repetitive tasks. In addition to GIS proficiency, this position would be ideal for someone with current or past experience as with cadastral mapping or someone with the ability to read, interpret and analyze deed documents to make actionable decisions with respect to GIS data implementations.
The primary responsibilities of the position would be deed interpretation and correlation mapping to update and maintain real estate easements within an ESRI software environment. This may include, but is not limited to, digitizing and georeferencing raster data to aid in the location, placement, and creation of features within the GIS environment, creating and editing features and associated attributes in a GIS environment, and the examination of legal documents associated with each easement to determine the correct locations and attributes for each easement feature. Additionally, the position will involve making corrections to previously mapped easements within a web GIS environment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· This individual will remain available to assist other employees working on either internal or external projects as it pertains to GIS related work.
· A team player and willing to jump in and assist in the completion of time sensitive projects when necessary.
· Duties can include troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflows.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or Cartography plus a minimum three years of work experience.
- Or Associates Degree in Geography, GIS, or Cartography plus a minimum five years of work experience.
- Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates.
- Real Estate industry experience a plus.
- Self-guided adventurous hard worker, unafraid of new challenges, capable of learning from past mistakes to avoid future pitfalls.
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
- Pertinent experience working with ESRI’s ArcGIS v10.xx software, including creating and editing features and attributes.
- Competent with MS Office Suite
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Enterprise level database knowledge, such as ArcSDE or SQL database or Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both efficiently independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the skill to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop personnel on the use of GIS programs, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects and be self-led.
Theorem Geo (TG) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TG deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TG’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.