Location: Charlotte, NC
Theorem Geo is currently seeking a full-time GIS Technician that will provide GIS support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the attainment of necessary data from various state/county agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
- Provide support in the acquisition of database information and collect detailed and specific data, filter the data of pertinent information, and upload the data into current GIS platforms.
- Provide quality control by ensuring data is filed into proper classification parameters
- Create and edit features and associated attributes.
- Implement periodic database updates to the current GIS system.
- Transfer collected data onto GIS system/server using applicable software.
- Correct QA/QC errors.
- Modify and update database and track project progress.
- Be responsible managing, administering, and coordinating various GIS related tasks, workflows, and process
Addition responsibilities of the position would include:
- This individual will remain available to assist other employees working on either internal or external projects as it pertains to GIS related work.
- A team player and willing to jump in and assist in the completion of time sensitive projects when necessary.
- Duties can include troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflow.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Sciences, or related field preferred
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Geography, GIS, or related field plus two years of work experience.
- Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates.
- Must have proficiency working with ESRI software suite, to include ArcGIS for Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, etc.
- Competence with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc)
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both efficiently, independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize projects and be self-led
Theorem Geo (TG) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TG deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TG’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.