Charlotte, North Carolina
Theorem Geo Associates is currently seeking a part-time, entry level GIS Technician that will provide support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Deed interpretation and correlation mapping to update and maintain real estate layers within an ESRI software environment.
· Creating and editing features and associated attributes in a GIS environment.
· Finding and correcting errors in GIS data.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Some college experience with coursework in Geography, GIS, or related field preferred.
- Pertinent experience working with ESRI’s ArcGIS v10.xx or ArcGIS Pro Software, including creating and editing features and attributes.
- Competence with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc)
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
- The fortitude to grind through repetitive tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Relocation expense: none
Theorem Geo Associates (TGA) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TGA deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TGA’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.